Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formatting for Currency

Hi,

I'm trying to find an easy way to change the format of a
cell based on the contents of another cell.

More specifically : cell A1 contains a number, and i want
to change it's format to the pound sysmbol, or the euro
symbol depending on the condition of cell A2. So if A2 =
P then format A1 as pounds, and if A2 = E then format A1
as Euro.

Sounds simple, but conditional formatting does not allow
me to change the format, only colours etc. I don't want
to go down the VB route if i can help it, and i can't find
an equation that will let me do this either. As usual
Microsoft help is worthless.

I'm using Office 97.

If anyone has any suggestions i'd appreciate an email.

Best wishes,

Andy.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A cell can contain a number or a formula. So you would need to embed your
number in the formula

=if(A2="E","?250","£250")

To reformat a cell automatically or conditionally would require a macro
otherwise.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy