Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sending data to Outlook for emailing

Thanks for your help, I have few questions though:

1) Is there way of viewing editing the message before sending?

2) In Hlink method I was able to "start" new lines, is this possible
too?

Ie MSG = "This is a test on line 1"
MSG = "This is a test on line 2"

3) Is this method limited to the number of charaters, like the previous
method?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Best Rgds,
Dan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan,

See my answers in-line.

HTH,
Bernie
Excel MVP

"Dan v V" wrote in message ...
Thanks for your help, I have few questions though:

1) Is there way of viewing editing the message before sending?

To view the message, you could use a msgbox. To edit the message, you would need to use a userform with a text box, and some
additional code. If there is something specific you want to add, like a personalized ending, you could just get that with an
inputbox and append it to the end of the message.

2) In Hlink method I was able to "start" new lines, is this possible
too?

Ie MSG = "This is a test on line 1"
MSG = "This is a test on line 2"

Use Chr(10) to enter a line break: Either one long line (note continuation space and character at the end of the first line):

MSG = "This is a test on line 1" & chr(10) & _
"This is a test on line 2"

or build up by appending:

MSG = "This is a test on line 1"
MSG = MSG & chr(10) & "This is a test on line 2"

3) Is this method limited to the number of charaters, like the previous
method?

String length would be limited to ~32K characters.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Many you're welcomes.....

Bernie