Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Possible to delete or edit a desktop shortcut?

Is there any way in VBA to either totally delete a desktop shortcut,
or to edit the TargetPath of an existing one? I'd like to distribute
an update to an XLS file for which many users already have a shortcut
on their desktop (They haven't put the file on their desktop, just a
shortcut to it). The update will have a different file name than the
existing one. I prefer not to confuse the users by having either
having two almost-the-same icons on their desktop. Nor do I want to
force them to manually delete the existing one and create a "new" one
pointing to the updated file.
So while there's a bunch of code out there - and in this newsgroup -
on how to create a desktop shortcut, I haven't seen any that let's you
find whether a specific shortcut already exists and change its
..TargetPath, or to simply delete it (after which I'd create a totally
new, but visually identical one).
Anyone out there ever done this kind of thing before?

/Marchand/