Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pull value from last cell in a column

.... or if you want VBA

Again in column B

Cells(Cells(Rows.Count,"B").End(xlUp).Row,"B").Val ue

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"josh" wrote in message
the bottom of my worksheet is a database, i can't figure
out how to pull the last cell's value and make it a
variable, but since its a database i will never know
which cell is going to be the last one.

if it makes it any easier, what i'm trying to do is keep
a running balance in a worksheet, and when the worksheet
is opened, i need to pull the running balance from the
last database entry.....
and put it in another cell (i can do this part)

thanks in advance guys,
Josh Ashcraft

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

or

Cells(Rows.Count,"B").End(xlUp).Value

--

John Green - Excel MVP
Sydney

"josh" wrote in message
the bottom of my worksheet is a database, i can't figure
out how to pull the last cell's value and make it a
variable, but since its a database i will never know
which cell is going to be the last one.

if it makes it any easier, what i'm trying to do is keep
a running balance in a worksheet, and when the worksheet
is opened, i need to pull the running balance from the
last database entry.....
and put it in another cell (i can do this part)

thanks in advance guys,
Josh Ashcraft

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

This seems like Deja Vu. I am sure Dave Peterson has pulled me up on the
same point. I guess for me it's like New York, so good I say it twice.

Bob