Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Printing question - Spreadsheet......

Now, with the help of yourselves!!, I've managed to set up the spreadsheet to
do what I needed it to do, however......

Got 2 problems I could do with help on:

1) In order to get it printed I need to tidy up how it looks (unfortunately it
has quite a few formulas in cells that unless there is data I don't want them
rows to print - however excel seems to want to print every single row even if
there is no data in the cells!).

Is it possible to either get excel to only print out rows where data is in
column B?, or alternatively when borders have been applied to the data? (This
is done every time data is entered in cell B,row whatever - through conditional
formatting it applies a border around the relevant data).

2) Also need to be able to ensure that every page that is printed has a page
number on - the macro? would need to be able to go through the various sheets
and print out them sheets also with incrementing page numbers.

Any help with any of the above would be appreciated - As always, your help is
really appreciated.

MAny Thanks, Al Mackay -
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hidden rows are not printed. You would need to hide your rows.

Conditional formatting is useless for making decisions because you can not
read/test the state of conditionally formatted cells with regard to what
conditional format is applied if any. Chip Pearson has written code that
allows you to access the formula from the conditional formatting
specification and you can test the formula to see if the condition is true
or not, but that seems like a long way around the block for you specific
problem. Probably just as easy to loop through your range and check if the
cell appears empty

for each cell in SomeRange
if cell = "" then
'hide row
end if
Next

If you use the header or footer to set the page number, then that is the
easiest. Anything else would be pretty complex and probably very slow. If
you group sheets and print the group, the pages will be numbered
sequentially across sheets using the header/footer.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy