Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default tool bar problems

Hi All,

I hope somebody out there can help with this.

We are using the spreadsheets application in a regulatory
environment where security is the most important concern.
We added custom tool bar to the application and deleted
all the excel toolbars and "lock down" the application
from users getting to the standard toolbars and menus.
This is workiing fine with Excel97. Now some of the
computers in the organization are upgraded to Excel
2000/2002. Now we are having problems related to tool bar
customization.

Excel 2000:

If a user double clicks on the tool bar it is opening
the "
Tools -- customize" window which enables the user to add
the excel toolbars. This is a major security concern for
us.

Excel 2002:

Excel 2002 wants to add the "Toolbar Options" drop down
to our custom toolbar by default and we are unable to
hide/remove it.

We figured out how to overcome this problem in Excel 2002
(Application.CommandBars.DisableCustomize)

But we are unable to solve this problem with Excel 2000

We want to hide the customization option from the users
in all versions of Excel

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kavitha.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about checking the responses to your other post in Misc?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I used
Application.OnDoubleClick = "DoNothing" as you suggested. This disabled
double click event to entire application. I only want to disable the
user from getting to the tool bar customization by double clicking on
the tool bar. Any ideas about how to disable the customization in Excel
2000.

Kavitha