Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selecting Cells to set up Advanced Filter

I am trying to select a range through a macro that starts
with an offset three cells above a range named start. Line
1 does this correct. But I then want to continue selecting
a cell that is 4 cells down without losing the first
location I selected. But line 2 makes me lose the first
cell I selected.

Then, after I've done that, I need to select the end down
and to the end of the right range as lines 3 and four
below do.

Once I've Highlighted all that, I want the macro to give
this area a range name called "UploadRange", but I don't
want it referring to an absolute range like it does here
in line 6 of this sub.

Once I've completed that then lines 7, 8, and 9 here
should be able to execute the advanced filter based on the
constant range called "criti". I think that lines 7, 8,
and 9 here are ok, but let me know if they dont' look
right.

Then, when I get through with the advanced filter, I had
it selecting a cell just to get rid of the highlight that
would be left from the advanced filter selections.

Sub HideZeros()
Range("Start").Offset(-3, 0).Select
Range("Start").Offset(1, 0).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="UploadRange",
RefersToR1C1:="=MJE!R10C1:R53C48"
Range("UploadRange").AdvancedFilter
Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:= _
Range("Criti"), Unique:=False
Range("Q6").Select
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub HideZeros()
Range(Range("Start").Offset(-3, 0),Range("Start").Offset(1, 0)).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="UploadRange",
RefersToR1C1:="=MJE!R10C1:R53C48"
Range("UploadRange").AdvancedFilter
Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:= _
Range("Criti"), Unique:=False
Range("Q6").Select
End Sub

Might work.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Bruce Roberson" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This didn't work but let's disect it line by line so I can
describe what I'm seeing. I ran it through step mode to
give the following observations.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Stray comma - corrected code:

Sub HideZeros()
Range(Range("Start").Offset(-3, 0),Range("Start"). _
Offset(1,0)).CurrentRegion.Select
Selection.Name = "UploadRange"
Range("UploadRange").AdvancedFilter _
Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:= _
Range("Criti"), Unique:=False
Range("Q6").Select
End Sub

If you select
A6 to A10 and do Ctrl+Shift+8

and it selects your data, then the above should work. Realistically, if you
are putting in an advanced filter, you should be able to select a single
cell in the first row (or any cell in the data table) and do Ctrl+Shift+8

Range("Start").CurrentRegion.Select should probably be sufficient for all
the selecting you "need" to do (you really don't need to do any)

Sub AppyFilter()
Range("Start").CurrentRegion.AdvancedFilter _
Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:= _
Range("Criti"), Unique:=False
End Sub

should work.

Tom Ogilvy