Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy with NumberFormatLocal included

Well what a cell holds as its value and what is displayed
are two separate things.
You can copy / pastespecial
....this allows you to copy the format, formula, values
etc, but this will be based on the cell's value
ultimately. ( no discussion on formuka please, I'm
keeping it low key)
To copy what you see as the is more difficult and I'd
suggest one or two possibililites.
First. use the TEXT() function in a sheet cell.
A1 has the number 123.456 and formats to 123.5
in C1 put = TEXT(A1,"0.0")
This places the 'formatted' number into C1
Second: In code
Range("C1").Value = Format$(Range("A1").Value,"0.0")

HTH
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP