Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro that runs for multiple files

You could record and store a macro then save it to your personal macros.
Assigning a hotkey to this would mean you could load any file and press the
relevent key combination to execute the macro.

Just remember to save the changes to personal.xls when prompted.

However even this may be tedious for 60 files. Depending on the complexity
you could wrap the operation you want to perform into a macro then write a
function which loads all the workbooks in a directory (for example) one by
one and executes the macro on each (saving as you go if required). This is
obviously more demanding but certainly possible and maybe necessary
depending on what you want to do.

Bill Lunney
www.billlunney.com

"igor" wrote in message

here is my issue, pleeeease help. i have 60 files that are
formated identically. i need to make the same changes to
all of them without copying and pasting the code into each
individual file. can anyone help please.

Thank you
Igor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I haven't found personal.xls to work well, myself (see my post below). On
my machine, the subs in personal.xls only fire when the first default
worksheet is loaded, then do nothing when additional workbooks are
created/opened.

You have any idea why this is?

Randall Arnold