Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Personal.xls only partially effective?

I have a need to apply macros to older spreadsheets to make them current
(update data). Everything I've read says to place the macros in a file
called personal.xls and place this spreadsheet in the XLSTART folder on a
given PC. I did this, and all of my VBA code works-- but ONLY for the
default workbook loaded with Excel. The subroutines (Workbook_Open,
Workbook_NewSheet, etc) do not fire for any subsequently opened workbooks.

This defeats the purpose. Does anybody know a solution? Essentially, I
need certain macros to run on ALL workbooks opened.

Thanks all,

Randall Arnold

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It sounds like you want not just workbook events, but application events.

Take a look a Chip Pearson's site for lots more information (and a sample
workbook):

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel is working correctly.

You will either have to copy the macros to the other workbooks
Workbook_Open or run the macros another way, such as from a button.

Regards
BrianB