Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing Author Name in an existing cell's comment

Is there way to change/remove the Author name(Property) of
an existing comment within a cell. VBA Help says you can
set or return the Author Property. Return the existing
name is no problem, it's the setting I having issues with.
I like to change the Author's name so the Excel Status Bar
consistently shows the same name (or no name) for all
cells that contain comments (example: Cell A1 Commented
by 'my company name').

Thanks
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bill, if I understand you right, I have the following line of code in one if
my subs and it works:

ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Author") =
ActiveSheet.Range("C7")

It can go the other way, as well.

Randall Arnold

"Bill" wrote in message
Is there way to change/remove the Author name(Property) of
an existing comment within a cell. VBA Help says you can
set or return the Author Property. Return the existing
name is no problem, it's the setting I having issues with.
I like to change the Author's name so the Excel Status Bar
consistently shows the same name (or no name) for all
cells that contain comments (example: Cell A1 Commented
by 'my company name').

Thanks
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Randall,

Not quite. Your code works great for setting the Author
property of the Workbook. I'm looking to set/change the
Author's name of an individual cell's comment. When you
hover over a cell that contains a comment, the comment's
Author will show up in the Excel status bar. I'm looking
to change that name. Any other suggestion.

.