Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Joining text in multiple cells

Kevin,

Not sure how your workbook is set up but it looks like you
can create your formula in one cell and "copy down"
With your data in let's say A1 & B1, you could enter
=A1&B1 into C1 (or a variation such as)
="("&A1&") "&B1
Then move your cursor to the bottom right of that cell
(the cursor will change to a + sign)
Then hold the left mouse button down and drag the formula down.

John

Kevin G wrote:

I've tried using the concatenate function to join the text
from 20+ cells, however, it takes longer to type the
formula than it would to type each individual cell's text
in one cell. Is there any other way to do this without
that function? Here's an example of the sheet I'm working
in:

Column A: NPA (same number every row)
Column B: NXX (different number every row)

Since the NPA-Nxx (area code) is a "one to many"
relationship I want to take the numerous NXX's per NPA and
combine them into one cell. There could be 5 NXXs or
there could be 150. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin G