Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open Method disabling Macros

Here's my setup. I have one spreadsheet (the "Comprehensive" workbook) that
opens a spreadsheet (1 of 6 "Regional" workbooks), imports in a variety of
data and then closes it out and repeats the routine for all 6 Regional
workbooks.

Workbooks.Open myFileName

In addition, each of the Regional workbooks contains a routine that runs
just _BeforeClose. Currently, when the Comprehensive workbook finishes
importing in the data, it closes the specific Regional workbook. That then
triggers the Workbook_BeforeClose routine, which develops a runtime error
under this nested situation.

What I would like to do is disable the macros when the Comprehensive's
import routine opens the Regional workbook. As I searched for Open Method
for Workbooks, I found no mention of being able to disable macros.

I am operating Excel 2002. All the files are on a local machine. The Excel
Security Level on the machine is set to medium. Anyone have suggestions?
Thanks

Bryan

Bryan D. Steffen