Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet Change Event Help Please

Hi All

I wish to run a macro on any change in the data in a particular column and
have tried to use the following but the macro doesn't execuate automatically
when I change anything in my worksheet nothing happends and I don't get the
Msgbox.

Msgbox("Macro is running")

End Sub

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jas,

Two things to check right off the bat:

1) Is your macro security set to High? In Excel, check the
Tools/Macro/Security menu.

2) Have you got the code in the correct place? As written below, it needs to
go in the code module behind the worksheet into which you're entering
values. In the Visual Basic Editor, select this worksheet from the Project
window and choose View/Code from the menu. This is where the code should be.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals