Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default COUNTIF criteria

Hi,
I have some large data tables and want to make COUNTIF
formulas to return the number of datapoints above, below
etc certain values. I would like to make the
formula "interactive" so I dont have to create a new
formula for each criteria. I would like to enter the value
in a certain cell which is then used as criteria in the
formula.
Does anybody know how to do that ?

Thanx,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanx,
but this doesn't work when I want to add ,< or = in front
of the cell reference. (I guess only the value from the
cell should be retrieved).
Is there a fix for this ?

Thanx again.

Is this a code question...sounds like a simple sheet
function..

=COUNTIF(MySource,D4)

This counts the number of items in the range named
MySource that match the value of the item in cell D4

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

I have some large data tables and want to make COUNTIF
formulas to return the number of datapoints above, below
etc certain values. I would like to make the
formula "interactive" so I dont have to create a new
formula for each criteria. I would like to enter the

value
in a certain cell which is then used as criteria in the
formula.
Does anybody know how to do that ?

Thanx,

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanx a lot - works perfectly!

If you want to add the criteria in the formula, try using
this:

=COUNTIF(MySource,"<"&D4)

Ecco