Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default User Interface

Hi, hope you are all well,
I have a user interface created with macros for vairous functions etc. I
now want to have only the user interface visible when the workbook is
opened. This means hiding the worksheet tabs and would allow me to force
the user to select one of the available options.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on this one? I have seen the
idea used before but did not know how it was done.

Thanks,
Mickey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mickey,

Not sure exactly what you want to do, but whatever it is, it's possible.
You say "UserInterface"?? Do you mean UserForm???
Coupla' points.......
You have to have at least one worksheet visible. You can hide all
the rest.
If using a UserForm, you can make Excel disappear and show
only your UserForm
To do that, in the UserForm Activate Event, you could use
Application.Visible = False
Be sure to add some code to get it back visible again from your
UserForm though.
Again, if it is a UserForm, they're modal meaning that whatever sheet
is displayed behind them (or any other sheet) can't be accessed
until the user dispenses with the form

Post back with more specifics on what you're trying to do and
I'll try to help you out.

John

mickeyblake wrote:

Hi, hope you are all well,
I have a user interface created with macros for vairous functions etc. I
now want to have only the user interface visible when the workbook is
opened. This means hiding the worksheet tabs and would allow me to force
the user to select one of the available options.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on this one? I have seen the
idea used before but did not know how it was done.

Thanks,
Mickey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. The book I am reading calls the 'splash screen'
effect, a User Interface. I guess it is basically a full screen menu. The
effect is that when the workbook is opened, the user only sees the one sheet
that contains a variety of options to click on. It is not possible to see
any tabs to navigate to other sheets. I will take a look at the workbook I
am thinking of and see if there are any other pointers as to how best to
describe it.

Thanks for the reply,
Mickey