Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Invisible Range Names

Hi..I know that it's possible using VBA to set a range
name to invisible (& vice versa) such that it does not
appear in the range name editor available from the
standard drop down. A bit like setting the property of a
sheet to "very hidden". I can't remember the syntax...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Chris Gorham" wrote in message
Hi..I know that it's possible using VBA to set a range
name to invisible (& vice versa) such that it does not
appear in the range name editor available from the
standard drop down. A bit like setting the property of a
sheet to "very hidden". I can't remember the syntax...

Hi Chris,

ThisWorkbook.Names("MyName").Visible = False

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris,

Try:
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="myname", RefersTo:="=sheet1!A1:A5",
Visible:=False

(watch for word wrap)

steve

"Chris Gorham" wrote in message
Hi..I know that it's possible using VBA to set a range
name to invisible (& vice versa) such that it does not
appear in the range name editor available from the
standard drop down. A bit like setting the property of a
sheet to "very hidden". I can't remember the syntax...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Note well taken!

steve