Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default String length of Inputbox user input.

Hi,
I want to return the string length of the input a user
gives in an inputbox in VBE. Any suggestions?
Hersh.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Hersh

Sub test()
Dim S As String
S = InputBox("Say what")
MsgBox Len(S) & " characters"
End Sub

Length 0 means no message or "Cancel", very useful to trap that event.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Hersh" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I want to return the string length of the input a user
gives in an inputbox in VBE. Any suggestions?
Hersh.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

dim TheLenght as Long
TheLenght= Len(Inputbox())