Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert Excel to text

make all your text a monospaced font like courier new and set your column
widths to the proper spacing. Then save as a space delimited file (fixed
width).

Or you could write code to loop through you cells and build the proper
output strings.

http://support.microsoft.com/support...eio/fileio.asp
File Access with Visual Basic® for Applications

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"AJ" wrote in message
How can we convert excel sheet into text format?
In that i need to put everything at a specific space.
like it is specified that column should appear in text
from 1-6 spaces and then column 2 should appear from 11-13
spaces
Thanks
AJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In my US English it is

Formatted Text (space delimited) (*.prn)

and is found pretty far down in the choices.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"AJ" wrote in message
Thanks a lot. For saving do you mean to save as 'tab
delimited' format.if i give column width as a 10 and then
my next column will start from 11th space in the text
file. Correct me if I am wrong

http://support.microsoft.com/support...ontent/fileio/

"AJ" wrote in message
How can we convert excel sheet into text format?
In that i need to put everything at a specific space.
like it is specified that column should appear in text
from 1-6 spaces and then column 2 should appear from 11-

13
spaces
Thanks
AJ

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tab delimited separates the fields with a tab character. If A1 requires 5 characters, the 6th
character in the file is the tab and the 7th is the 1st character from B1. You don't supply a
column width with the tab-delimited format.

"AJ" wrote in message
How can we convert excel sheet into text format?
In that i need to put everything at a specific space.
like it is specified that column should appear in text
from 1-6 spaces and then column 2 should appear from 11-

13
spaces
Thanks
AJ