Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding figures in excel if text is a certain colour

I have a spreadsheet with a lot of figures in it that
evolves on a monthly basis. When the figures are added
each month the figures are changed in colour from red to
blue to denote going from budget costs to actual costs. I
want excel to sum the figures based on colour. How can it
be done. I have looked at the IF statement, but not sure.
Thanks in advance Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul,

You need to use some VBA code to do this. See
www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm for example code, specifically
SumByColor.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"vipa2000" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with a lot of figures in it that
evolves on a monthly basis. When the figures are added
each month the figures are changed in colour from red to
blue to denote going from budget costs to actual costs. I
want excel to sum the figures based on colour. How can it
be done. I have looked at the IF statement, but not sure.
Thanks in advance Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Managed to integrate and on initial input works fine, however the cell
does not update automatically as I update colours of the cells. What am
i doing wrong? thanks in advance Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Absolutely nothing wrong. Read that big note at Chip's site once more.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

It's right near the top.

Paul Walker wrote:

Managed to integrate and on initial input works fine, however the cell
does not update automatically as I update colours of the cells. What am
i doing wrong? thanks in advance Paul

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks chaps. ALT F9 to recalculate. No other way around this but it
works! Got too carried away in my excitement that I had an answer and
did not fully read to the end of the document :-)