Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default COUNTIF FORMULA

Ron - very helpful just the sort of thing I was looking for.

One extra thing is that sometimes the shift will be referred to as UD as
in 'Unrostered Days' similarly with the number of hours worked e.g UD8
,UD10 etc.
Potentially there could be even more characters before the number of
hours e.g SSP (Shift Swap Payback) so I am looking for something that
can deal with all the variations.
I tried playing with the solution you sent but got #value error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(RIGHT($C$24:$C$388,2)*1),RIGHT($C $24:$C$388,2)*1,IF(ISNUMBE
R(RIGHT($C$24:$C$388,1)*1),RIGHT($C$24:$C$388,1)*1 ,0)))

Entered with Ctrl+Shift+Enter

should do what you describe.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Paul Bird wrote in message
Ron - very helpful just the sort of thing I was looking for.

One extra thing is that sometimes the shift will be referred to as UD as
in 'Unrostered Days' similarly with the number of hours worked e.g UD8
,UD10 etc.
Potentially there could be even more characters before the number of
hours e.g SSP (Shift Swap Payback) so I am looking for something that
can deal with all the variations.
I tried playing with the solution you sent but got #value error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:40:03 -0700, Paul Bird wrote:

Ron - very helpful just the sort of thing I was looking for.

One extra thing is that sometimes the shift will be referred to as UD as
in 'Unrostered Days' similarly with the number of hours worked e.g UD8
,UD10 etc.
Potentially there could be even more characters before the number of
hours e.g SSP (Shift Swap Payback) so I am looking for something that
can deal with all the variations.
I tried playing with the solution you sent but got #value error message.

What Tom posted should work fine, so long as the shift hours are less than 100.

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Many Thanks Tom (& Ron)