Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default oRange.Interior.Color

Hi John:

An Excel workbook has only a 56-color palette, so it's entirely possible
that color hues that are different but close will be rendered identically.

Regards,

Vasant.

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
when setting

oRange.Interior.Color

for two ranges which have bordering cells, where a different hue of the

same
basic color is used for each range, could it be possible that Excel would
decide to alter the color for the second range to be the same as that of

the
first ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oh, it only has a 56 color palette .... I thought it was that only 56
numerical color indexes were defined ... but you are telling me that it is
not possible to use colors outside of this 56 color palette ...

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote in message
Hi John:

An Excel workbook has only a 56-color palette, so it's entirely possible
that color hues that are different but close will be rendered identically.

Regards,

Vasant.

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
when setting

oRange.Interior.Color

for two ranges which have bordering cells, where a different hue of the

same
basic color is used for each range, could it be possible that Excel

would
decide to alter the color for the second range to be the same as that of

the
first ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

is it possible to programmatically change the colors in the 56-color
palette?

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote in message
Hi John:

Unfortunately, yes; although you can change the colors in the palette, the
total number of colors is limited to 56 per workbook.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Often, one of the easiest things to do to check whether/how
something can be done programmatically, is to record a macro while
doing it manually. When I changed a color in the palette I got
something like:

ActiveWorkbook.Colors(56) = RGB(10, 229, 47)