Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Named Cell References that aren't present yet.

Cleans out means that it deletes those sheets, huh?

How about just having your auto_open/workbook_open code rebuild the formulas.

====

Or
before you delete the sheets, have your code change your formulas on the summary
sheet to text. (I like to change = to $$$$$= (in code or by hand).) The
formulas are text and won't care about missing worksheets.

Delete your sheets, re-add your sheets.

change the $$$$$= back to =.

And the formulas will recalculate.

====

Or
Instead of deleting the sheets, clearcontents and paste cells into the existing
worksheets.

Chris LeBlanc wrote:

(Might be a repost, don't see the original anywhere)

This might be an odd request so I'll explain a little about what I am
doing...

I am designing a Excel Summary Workbook that is based on a number of other
workbooks and worksheets.

Upon opening the Summary WB, it automatically runs code that cleans out all
sheets except for "Sheet 1" and copies each sheet from the other workbooks
into itself.

Now here is the problem I am having.
- my "Sheet 1" is the summary page and will consist of data pulled from the
"copied" worksheets.
- The worksheets being copied have Named Cells.
- When I created the Summary page I would like to use these Named Cells, so
that the Summary Page is generated everytime the WB is opened.

Problem is that when I put the Named Cells in my summary page I get #REF!
all the time, even though the references are legit once the Open_Macro has
run.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Chris