Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default webbrowser control tab navigation

Hi,

I have a list in excel that needs to be inserted in a browser textbox then
press the button "Submit".

what is the best way to automate this? I heard about sendkeys but then I
heard that it should be only used if it is the last resource. ?

at the other hand I was playing with the webbrowser control in excel which I
was able to get it working but I dont know how to navigate that way I need
it.

this is what I need to do.

got to the intranet site.
then tab 12 times
click on the checkbox
then tab 3 more times
then press the "submit" button.

then tab 2 more times again, then enter the numbers and so on.

I've been doing this manually and is hell. Please help.

thanks,

Cesar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the following code navigates to the USPS zip code web site, then enters a
zip code in the appropriate box, then clicks on submit.

You will have to view the source code of the web page to determine the
actual names of the controls/items.

Sub test()
Dim IE
Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
IE.navigate "http://www.usps.com/ncsc/lookups/lookup_ctystzip.html"
IE.Visible = True
While IE.Busy
DoEvents
Wend

Set ipf = IE.document.all.Item("FormsEditField1")
ipf.Value = "12345" 'fill in the text box
Set ipf = IE.document.all.Item("FormsButton1")
ipf.Click 'click the submit button
IE.Quit
End Sub

Lynn S