Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mismatch!?

I've written this procedure below with some help and it
seems to work but I keep being informed of a type mismatch
on the line "If JData < 0..." Can anyone tell me why this
is happening? Also can anyone recommend a good code book
for referencing VBA on Excel 2000. I already have a text
book by Walkenbach but it doesn't have enough examples in
it.
Thanks, Bob

Private Sub CommandButton3_Click()
Dim JValue As Integer
Dim KValue As Integer
Dim LValue As Integer
Dim JData As Variant
Dim KData As Variant
Dim LData As Variant
Dim Data As Range
For i = 8 To 50
Set Data = Range("J" & i & ":O" & i)
JData = Range("J" & i)
KData = Range("K" & i)
LData = Range("L" & i)

If JData < 0 Then JValue = 0
If JData 0 Then JValue = 1

If KData < 0 Then KValue = 0
If KData 0 Then KValue = 1

If LData < 0 Then LValue = 0
If LData 0 Then LValue = 1

If JValue + KValue + LValue = 2 Then
Data.Font.ColorIndex = 5
End If

If JValue + KValue + LValue < 2 Then
Data.Font.ColorIndex = 10
End If
Next i
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If using xl2000 or later, you shouldn't have a problem. If you are using
xl97, it will give this error if jdata doesn't contain a numeric value when
you do the comparison. I believe a blank cell can cause it as well, but
don't have xl97 handy to test it. So you would need to test if jdata is
numeric or not.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy