Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting Font properties in Code clears Undo list

Excel 2002
Whenever I change the Font properties of a cell programmtically (i.e.
activecell.font.size = 10), the undo list clears automatically. This also
occurs if I changethe Style property of the cell programatically. Does
anybody know why this happens? Is there a way to stop if from happening? I
appreciate any help you can give me.

Lorin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Create your own stack could be misinterpreted (that it is possible to do
this for the undo feature). Trevor means you would have to write a complete
undo feature yourself unless he knows something I don't.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote in message
Lorin

Most, if not all VBA code clears the Undo stack. There is nothing that

can
be done about this unless you want to create your own stack.

Regards

Trevor

"Lorin" wrote in message
Excel 2002
Whenever I change the Font properties of a cell programmtically (i.e.
activecell.font.size = 10), the undo list clears automatically. This

also
occurs if I changethe Style property of the cell programatically. Does
anybody know why this happens? Is there a way to stop if from

happening?
appreciate any help you can give me.

Lorin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom

"... unless he knows something I don't." I think it's highly unlikely that
I know something that you don't. You are, of course, absolutely correct in
your interpretation. Sometimes less is more ... sometimes not. ;-)

Regards

Trevor