Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cond form formula

Assuming the dropdown is from the Data=Validation or each dropdown is
linked to the cell in column B of that row - in any event, the end result is
the cell in column B of that row will hold the value "done" without quotes.

select the cells with A1:C4 with A1 as the activecell

do Format=Conditional Formatting

change "Cell is" to "Formula is" by selecting in the first dropdown

put in the formula

=$B1="done"
then select format button, pattern and select red.

OK out of the dialogs.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Paul" wrote in message
Easy one I'm sure but can't get it right:

I have a table (A1:C4) with a drop down list on each cell
of my B colum.

When I select "Done" from my drop down in B, i would like
that the appropriate line becomes red.

I've tried if b2=''done'' (and formatting the way I want
it) but it does'nt work.

Help me!

Thanks