Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UpdateLink Method

I'm having a problem with updating linked information from
another program. I've created a macro that controls
updating the cells, but it will only allow me to update
all links in the work book, and not individual links. I
used the Record Macro function to record the updating on
just one linked cell, (which updates while I am recording
it) but when I try to run the macro it chokes on the very
function it just recorded.
Here is the recorded statement:

ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:= _
"'EXTRA!.Session.1'|C:\PROGRAM FILES\E!
PC\SESSIONS\SESSION A.EDP!\R10C24R10C32M1Page001" _
, Type:=xlOLELinks

and I get:

Runtime error '1004'
Method'UpdateLink' of object'_Workbook' failed

Also, I notice that none of my linked information in the
worksheet will update automatically when the source
changes even when automatic updating is selected.

Thanks for any information you can give me.