Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A peculiar problem

Hi Ig,

Try deleting the temp files:
- make sure you have completed all software installs, including reboot if
required.
- Start--Run--%Temp%--enter will show you the directory on your machine.
- delete all files in the temp directory

hth
Charles
______________________
Decision Models
The Excel Calculation Site
www.DecisionModels.com

"Ig" wrote in message

If anyone can help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

I created a workbooks that is used to present a series of user input
forms built onto separate sheets that are used to calculate a score
based on the data input. Nothing to complex, just some buttons and
check boxes and quite a few custom formulas. I also added a simple menu
and tool bar for sheet navigation. All was going fine until the
workbook developed a "bug". It takes up to 15min to load and save (its
only 800kb). Once open it seems to work OK. The problem is file and
computer dependent. Similar files work normally on the "infected"
computer and the "infected" file works normally on other computers. I
have stripped out the code and various sheets but it only gives a small
improvement. As far as I can tell the problem occurs before any code or
recalculation occurs

Any suggests on what may be wrong and how I can fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Charles,

I think that has solved the problem so thanks very much
for the suggestion. I had tried to delete temporary files
but I hadn't deleted everything, just the *.tmp. Any
suggestions on what the other files like mso*.emf and
*.wfm are or where I can find out.

Also the %temp% was a new one for me. I knew where to
look but this makes it much easier.

Much Appreciated Ignatius
- make sure you have completed all software installs,

including reboot if
required.
- Start--Run--%Temp%--enter will show you the

directory on your machine.
- delete all files in the temp directory

hth
Charles
Decision Models
The Excel Calculation Site

[...]