Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calling the Solver via a subroutine

I'm trying to set up a program that will go down a list
in Excel and solve for some particular items in a given
row using the Excel Solver. I can do this by "hand".
However, the idea is to automate it to save time.

I can't seem to be able to call the Solver using VBA
code. I am using the following code to call the solver
with some constraints:

SolverOk SetCell:=Cells(i, Column_GSV),MaxMinVal:=2,
ValueOf:="0", ByChange:=Cells(Row_#, Column_CV)

SolverAdd CellRef:=Cells(i, Column_CV), Relation:=1,
FormulaText:=Max_Airflow

SolverAdd CellRef:=Cells(i, Column_CV), Relation:=3,
FormulaText:=0

SolverSolve

When running, I get the following message: "Sub or
Function not defined"

Any ideas of what will correctly call the Solver with VBA
code, or can I call the Solver using VBA code?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

James
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi James,

In order to use Solver in the fashion shown below you need to set a
reference to Solver.xla from your project file. With both files open in the
Visual Basic Editor (Solver is a demand-loaded add-in, so you may need to
select Tools/Solver from the Excel menu to get it to open), select your
project in the Project window. Next choose Tools/References from the VBE
menu and put a check mark beside the list entry called SOLVER. After doing
this you should be able to run your code.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals