Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Microsoft query through Excel

I am using Microsoft query through Excel to pass data from
a Sybase database. I want to use the OR command in my SQL
code but when I do this, executing this code is extremely
slow. Here is a sample of my code (there is also a prompt
for the user to input data) :

select top.cpty_name, sub.cpty_name
from top.cpty_acct ca,
sub.cpty_acct sub
where (top.id_party = sub.id_party
OR top.nm_acc_cpty_grp = sub.nm_acc_cpty_grp)
and top.id_active='Y' and top.nm_acc_cpty=?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Martha,

I'm not sure how valid it is for you to use "OR" to link
tables together. I have never used "OR". I always
use "AND" if I want more than one link on two tables. I
believe "OR" is used more for field selection criterias.

Hope this helps...

Chong Moua

I am using Microsoft query through Excel to pass data

from
a Sybase database. I want to use the OR command in my

SQL
code but when I do this, executing this code is extremely
slow. Here is a sample of my code (there is also a

prompt
for the user to input data) :

select top.cpty_name, sub.cpty_name
from top.cpty_acct ca,
sub.cpty_acct sub
where (top.id_party = sub.id_party
OR top.nm_acc_cpty_grp = sub.nm_acc_cpty_grp)
and top.id_active='Y' and top.nm_acc_cpty=?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chong

I am not using "OR" to link my 2 tables, I am using it in my field
selection criteria.

Martha