Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default dialogboxes

Hi,
how do I programme dialogboxes where i put in values/text
to be entered in specified cells? What I would like to
have is an macro which presents an dialogbox where it
asks the user for a value or text and then waith until a
value has been entered before proceeding to the next
command in the macro.

Kind regards

Jonas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Jonas" wrote in message
how do I programme dialogboxes where i put in values/text
to be entered in specified cells? What I would like to
have is an macro which presents an dialogbox where it
asks the user for a value or text and then waith until a
value has been entered before proceeding to the next
command in the macro.

Kind regards

Jonas

The simplest method is to use the InputBox Function

example

Dim Message, Title, Default, MyValue
Message = "Enter a value between 1 and 3" ' Set prompt.
Title = "InputBox Demo" ' Set title.
Default = "1" ' Set default.
' Display message, title, and default value.
MyValue = InputBox(Message, Title, Default)

Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

like this:

Sub test()
With ActiveSheet
.Range("a1").Value = InputBox("Enter a value for
A1", "Input Data Please!", 1)
.Range("a2").Value = InputBox("Enter a value for
A2", "Input Data Please!", 1)
.Range("a3").Value = InputBox("Enter a value for
A3", "Input Data Please!", 1)
End With

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel TA/MVP