Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting up a date and time stamp in a cell

Netscape crashed while sending (pardon any duplicate post):

That dd represents the date of the month. So I think you'll have to go to
another approach.

I used a helper cell and did this:

=INT(A1/86400)&":"&HOUR(A1/86400)&":"&MINUTE(A1/86400)&":"&SECOND(A1/86400)

If A1 contained the number of seconds.

Alex wrote:

Dave,

Thank you. The delete key does exactly what I want.
I have another problem which is:
I am using the following formula to calculate the number
of seconds to the number of days:hours:minutes:seconds =
(c5/60)24. Cell C5 has the time is seconds. The cell is
formatted as custom dd --- hh:mm:ss. This works ok up to
31 days. Example, 44794.17 seconds converts to
31days:02hours:23minutes:10seconds. This is what I want.
But 46163.17 seconds convert to
01day:01hour:23minutes:10seconds. I would like it to
display 32days:01hour:minutes:10seconds and so on as the
seconds increment.
What format should I use so that the days are limited to
31 calendar days. I would like the day to continue to
increment as the seconds increment.

Thanks
Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

I tried the formula and I get #VALUE in the cell that has
the formula. Cell A1 has the number of seconds. What is a
helper cell?
I really do not need the words hours,minutes,seconds as
part of the answer in the cell. All I need is 32 ---
01:23:10 for 46163.17 minutes.

Thanks
Alex

Alex wrote:

[...]

For Each cell In Target
If cell.Value = "" Then _

Alex wrote in message
[...]

.

.

--

Dave Peterson

.

--

Dave Peterson

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

Just to be more clear, I want to convert minutes to days
and hours,minutes,seconds.

For example:
Minute value in colume C is 44794.17. In col D the result
is 31 --- 02:34:10 - saying 31 days 2hours, 34min,10sec.
The next entery in col C is 46163.17. In col D the result
I would like is 31 --- 01:23:10. 32
days,1hour,23min,10sec. And so on, increase the day by
one every 24 hours.

Sorry for the confussion between second and minutes.

Thanks,
Alex

=

Alex wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First a helper cell is just a cell that holds a formula. In this case, a
formula like:

A1 held 44794.17
B1 held this formula:
=INT(A1/1440)&":"&HOUR(A1/1440)&":"&MINUTE(A1/1440)&":"&SECOND(A1/1440)
But it evaluated to:
31:2:34:10

(The original formula based on seconds had the same problem with leading 0's.)

This might get you closer:
=INT(A1/1440)&" --- "&TEXT(HOUR(A1/1440),"00")
&":"&TEXT(MINUTE(A1/1440),"00")&":"&TEXT(SECOND(A1/1440),"00")
(all one cell)

this formula evaluated to: 31 --- 02:34:10
and with 47871.50, it evaluated to: 33 --- 05:51:30

Alex wrote:

Dave,

Sorry for any confussion. I am using minutes to calculate
to days, hours, minutes ,seconds. Not seconds.

Example: minutes = 44794.17 should be 31 --- 02:34:10
(31 days --- 02 hours:34 min:10 sec)
46163.17 converts to 01 --- 01:23:10.
47871.50 converts to 02 --- 05:51:30.
I know it is because of the date format I am using which
will not go pass 31 days. Is there a way to make
46163.17 convert to 32 --- 01:23:10.
47871.50 convert to 33 --- 05:51:30.

Could a VB code do the conversion instead of a cell
formula?

Sorry for any duplicate messages.

Thanks for your help.
Alex

Alex wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

Thank you very much for your help. The formula you
provided does exactly what I want.

Alex