Eric

Default VBA -Taskbar in Excel

Hi,

I am using VBA to create an Excel application. Whenever I start the
application the horizontal scroll bar is buried below the Windows taskbar.
After bringing the Tasbar down and then back up again makes the scroll bar
appear.
Is there anyone who knows, so that, from start, the scroll bar shows above
the taskbar?? By the way, this happens also when starting the application
without activating any macro's.
Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric
David McRitchie

Hi Eric,
Can't really follow this, but if it is a matter of the position of the Excel window,
drag the window by the titlebar at top and resize window then SAVE the
excel file, and exit from Excel. The location of the Excel window should be
remembered.

I'm not familiar with being able to place the Excel sheet tabs and horizonal scrollbar
below the Excel status bar, what version of Excel.
---
HTH,

"Eric" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I am using VBA to create an Excel application. Whenever I start the
application the horizontal scroll bar is buried below the Windows taskbar.
After bringing the Tasbar down and then back up again makes the scroll bar
appear.
Is there anyone who knows, so that, from start, the scroll bar shows above
the taskbar?? By the way, this happens also when starting the application
without activating any macro's.
Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric

Eric

Hi David,

First, thank you for your reply.
I am working with Excel 2003, though I wonder if it has anything to do with
the version of Excel.
As you suggested, I made the sheet tabs and horizontal scrollbar visible and
saved the application. But after opening it, the same problem showed again.

By the way, I may not have explained myself too clearly. I mentioned that
the sheet tabs and scroll bar were below the taskbar, but I meant behind the
taskbar.

Would you have any other suggestion?

Kind regards
Eric

"Eric" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I am using VBA to create an Excel application. Whenever I start the
application the horizontal scroll bar is buried below the Windows taskbar.
After bringing the Tasbar down and then back up again makes the scroll bar
appear.
Is there anyone who knows, so that, from start, the scroll bar shows above
the taskbar?? By the way, this happens also when starting the application
without activating any macro's.
Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric

David McRitchie

Hi Eric,
Okay think I've got it now. Wasn't really sure befoe which task bar (Excel
or Windows).

Hit the Max button in upper right corner of the workbook
(not the max button for Excel itself)..

Other things that could happen:

If a Window in Windows gets into a position where you cannot move the
Window by it's titlebar use Shift+Enter then move with arrow keys.

If the Excel workook gets into a position within the Excel window that
you cannot move it by it's title bar. Right click on the frame of the
workbook within the Excel window and choose Arrange then horizontal.
then repeat Arrange with Tiled. You get same right click menu from
titlebar and Excel logo within a non maximized workbook window.

--
---
HTH,

"Eric" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I am using VBA to create an Excel application. Whenever I start the
application the horizontal scroll bar is buried below the Windows taskbar.
After bringing the Tasbar down and then back up again makes the scroll bar
appear.
Is there anyone who knows, so that, from start, the scroll bar shows above
the taskbar?? By the way, this happens also when starting the application
without activating any macro's.
Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric

David McRitchie

workbook not workook.

If any of this information is not already on the following page, it will be added.
Excel Window, Workbook Window, Worksheet Window
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excelwindow.htm

which has an entirely different topic outline for the information

"David McRitchie" wrote in message
If the Excel workook gets into a position within the Excel window that

Eric

Hi David,

Thanks for that reply. However it works only partially. When I hit that Max
button the sheet tabs/scrollbar will show indeed. Then I save the application
and the scroll bar will still nicely show when I re-open the application.
That is, without activating the macro's or any written VBA for that matter.

The application is a maths school-test and has to open so that pupils cannot
mess up anything in the test, therefore all toolbars, formulabar etc have
been removed and DisplayFullscreen = True. Immediately when DisplayFullscreen
is activating the sheet tabs and scrollbar disappear behind the Windows
taskbar again.

Pupils can correct this by double clicking anywhere on the very top edge of
the screen. This makes the application into a smaller window. Then they click
the Max button and the screen is maximized in a full window, with indeed the
scrollbar visible.

However, I rather see that pupils don't have to do this and that the
application immediately shows the scrollbar after start up, when
DisplayFullScreen is activated.

Any idea why this is happening?
By the way, sorry for taking your time, but I really appreciate your help. I
had a look at your web pages as well.

Regards
Eric