Mark Broom

Default Excel (Protection Password)

Hello everyone,

My company uses a spreadsheet to track several insurance issues that the
former author has password protected several cells to protect the formulas.
The employee has since left the company and is no longer available to contact
for any reason.

Does anyone know of a trick to unprotect the sheet and book without
recreating the 50+ pages of data???

Thanks,
Mark Broom
JulieD

Hi Mark

check out
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Mark Broom" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

My company uses a spreadsheet to track several insurance issues that the
former author has password protected several cells to protect the
formulas.
The employee has since left the company and is no longer available to
contact
for any reason.

Does anyone know of a trick to unprotect the sheet and book without
recreating the 50+ pages of data???

Thanks,
Mark Broom

Mark Broom

JulieD,

Thanks a bunch that worked perfectly. I really appreciate it and the Technet
Plus subscription has paid off for us in the first 2 days!!

Thanks again,
Mark

"Mark Broom" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

My company uses a spreadsheet to track several insurance issues that the
former author has password protected several cells to protect the
formulas.
The employee has since left the company and is no longer available to
contact
for any reason.

Does anyone know of a trick to unprotect the sheet and book without
recreating the 50+ pages of data???

Thanks,
Mark Broom

JulieD

Hi Mark

not a problem, however, you don't need a technet subscription to access
these groups (might be best not telling your boss) ... these groups are
basically hosted by MS and questions are asked & answered by anyone at all,
it's basically a peer-to-peer support environment. Some people use various
web interfaces to access the groups (groups.google.com or
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/ and i think there's a couple of
other portals) others access them directly via a newsreader (like MS Outlook
Express).

--
Cheers
JulieD