Default HELP: Acrobat 7 document via hyperlink in cell

I am trying to open an acrobat document (Acrobat 7) via hyperlink in
cell.

When I click the hyperlink, the acrobat reader flashes and disappears
and nothing happens.

Can someone help me out, please?

Thanks for your help in advance.

David McRitchie

Acrobat 7 did not work for me, seems to be a big
problem. I expect you would have same problem if you
tried to open the file directory from your address bar (IE)
or your location bar (Firefox).

This is what I found last month (April 5).
I see several postings in some newsgroups about Adobe Reader v6 being a clunker
and v7 not working on older documents.

I actually had v6 installed not v7, so I installed v7 and could not read
anything. I am back to v5 bypassing all browser plug-ins to read
documents directly with the reader which is much faster and allows
for seeing more of a page.

If I have to read something that
cannot be read with v5, I will install v6 but only invoke it manually
from the desktop not from file types.

And when I reinstalled v5 it didn't even ask me for a reboot
on my Windows 2000.
---
Incidentally I've watched much bigger systems really slow
down on PDF file on high speed access. You can load pdf
file much faster without the browser addins.
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq#acrobat

---
HTH,