Graham

Default Workbook specific template

I regularly need to insert new worksheets into a workbook, based on the
format of previous sheets. I do this by inserting a new blank worksheet, then
copying the format from a previous worksheet , before entering data.
Can a workbook specific template be set up that will automatically insert a
ready formatted worksheet to that workbook only ?
Changing the workbook xlt. or sheet.xlt changes the workbook/sheet for ALL
other workbooks as well, which I dont want ?
Any suggestions please?
Dave Peterson

An alternative.

Just ctrl-drag the worksheet tab to a new location. This copies the existing
worksheet--format and values. Then clean up the stuff you don't want.

But I think I'd keep a blank (formatted only) worksheet in the workbook (maybe
hide it to keep it out of the way until I need it), then use that for the copy.
(Unhide, copy, and hide the original.)

--

Dave Peterson