Wayne Lee

Default Tab and Enter key to move in spreadsheet?

I just came out of a Mac and when I protected a spreadsheet I could hit Enter
to move to the next unprotected cell. In the PC version, enter moves down a
cell. I have to use Tab to move from unlocked cell to unlocked cell. Anyway
to change the function of the enter key?

Gord Dibben

Wayne

You will have to stick with the Tab key to move to unlocked cells.

Kassie's ENTER key suggestion will not work.

No matter which direction you set the ENTER key to move, it will not go to
next unlocked cell as the Tab key will.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Wayne Lee" wrote:

I just came out of a Mac and when I protected a spreadsheet I could hit Enter
to move to the next unprotected cell. In the PC version, enter moves down a
cell. I have to use Tab to move from unlocked cell to unlocked cell. Anyway
to change the function of the enter key?

Gord Dibben

OOPS!

Sorry Kassie and Wayne.

If running xl 2002 or 2003 you can, when protecting the sheet, allow selection
of unlocked cells only.

Then the ENTER key set to go right will work.

Earlier versions did not have this feature.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP