tjp2700

Default how to enable compare and merge workbooks in excel 2003

I have just moved from Office 2002 to Office 2003, and I cannot figure out
how to enable the merge and compare feature under tools in Excel. Please
help. Thanks!
Gord Dibben

From help on "merge workbooks"

Make sure the copies of the shared workbook that you want to merge are all
stored in the same folder. To do this, you must give each copy a different
name.
Open the copy into which you want to merge changes.
On the Tools menu, click Compare and Merge Workbooks.
If prompted, save the workbook.
In the Select Files to Merge into Current Workbook dialog box, click a copy
that has changes to be merged, and then click OK.
To merge more than one copy at the same time, hold down CTRL or SHIFT and
click the file names, and then click OK.

Are your two workbooks shared? If not, the compare and merge will remain
grayed out.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:33:03 -0700, "tjp2700"
wrote:

I have just moved from Office 2002 to Office 2003, and I cannot figure out
how to enable the merge and compare feature under tools in Excel. Please
help. Thanks!

Gord Dibben

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:48:04 -0700, "tjp2700"
wrote:

You hit the nail on the head. Thank You so much for your response! It was
very helpful. Thank You!

From help on "merge workbooks"