Kim

Default Japanese excel97 on Eng Win XP pro sp2

Hi,

I am trying setup Japanes Office97 on a English XP pro SP2, the problem is
in excel, when I type JP Hiragan characters in a cell the character appears
on the top left hand corner instead during typing, when pressed enter the
characters appeared in the correct cell. How can I get it to just stay in
the cell during typing? Is this normal for this kind of setup?

This is causing a bit of confusion for me during typing because when I type
in English direct input everything appears normal, all characters in the cell
during typing instead of the top left hand corner.

I have added the Japanese keyboard, locale and far east language support in
XP cantrol panel regional settings, I have a choice to choose between Eng/Jap
keyboard settings. I really appreciate anyone who can help me out on this.

Kim