Herb

Default How do I stop additional "Xcel" icons appearing on desktop toolbar

I start Excel then load several files. Each file I load put an Xcel icon in
the desktop toolbar. How do I stop this. I would expect this behavior when
I start Excel several times but not from loading more than one file. -Herb
George Nicholson

ToolsOptionsViewShow: Uncheck "Windows In Taskbar"

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"Herb" wrote in message
I start Excel then load several files. Each file I load put an Xcel icon
in
the desktop toolbar. How do I stop this. I would expect this behavior
when
I start Excel several times but not from loading more than one
ile. -Herb

Ian Grega

I have the opposite problem but the "Windows in Taskbar" check fix has to be
done every time I open Excel. How can I fix this? It was OK until I
downloaded the Office update. Thanks if you can help.

"Herb" wrote in message
I start Excel then load several files. Each file I load put an Xcel icon
in
the desktop toolbar. How do I stop this. I would expect this behavior
when
I start Excel several times but not from loading more than one
ile. -Herb

George Nicholson

Typing Excel and "Windows in Taskbar" into MSKB got several hits. Some may
even be pertinent:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...in+taskbar%22&

Otherwise, any chance you are running some code that turns it off (and
rudely not resetting it) "every time"? AFAIK, the setting is static until
specifically changed.

HTH,