Jason W. Dove

Default What is the setting to have more than one Excel Window?

I have a dual monitor. With Microsoft word, if I open two files, they each
open in their own Word Window. I can then move one of the files to my other
window. However, my excel is set to open in the same window with each new
file. I want to be able to open each file to it's own window. I DON'T want
to tile or arrange the files in one window. I want separate window programs
opened with each file opened.

Where is the setting for it? Every time I type in the search in Excel Help
it tells me how to arrange or tile windows. I don't want that.
Dave Peterson

You could try:

Tools|options|General tab|Ignore other applications (check it)

And be aware that turning this setting off sometimes gives errors with workbooks
that contain spaces in their path/name:

C:\my documents\excel\my book.xls

The error will look kind of like:
cannot find c:\my ..
then
cannot find documents\excel\my
then
cannot find book.xls

But you can always start multiple instances, then use File|open to open your
workbooks.

--

Dave Peterson