pkferret

Default File, Open, View

1. In Excel 98 I could keep things in icon view and they would remain
alphabetical in recent documents. Now I can't seem to lock this view in.
Anyone know how?
2. Also in the same menu, it used to show 40 or more items, now it only
shows 16, can this be changed?

Jason Dove

Go to the discussion or your posting.
Highlight your question and Ctrl-C.

It's what I did to copy your question into here.

1. In Excel 98 I could keep things in icon view and they would remain
alphabetical in recent documents. Now I can't seem to lock this view in.
Anyone know how?

What part of the view are you trying to lock? The Name? The Type? The
Files of Type?

2. Also in the same menu, it used to show 40 or more items, now it only
shows 16, can this be changed?

In Windows Explorer, how many files do you have in your Recent Folder
C:\Documents and Settings\<username\Recent
If it's a new install, there might have been only 16 files opened to date?

:
: "pkferret" wrote:
:
: 1. In Excel 98 I could keep things in icon view and they would remain
: alphabetical in recent documents. Now I can't seem to lock this view in.
: Anyone know how?
: 2. Also in the same menu, it used to show 40 or more items, now it only
: shows 16, can this be changed?

pkferret

1. Trying the view type and the name. Want icon view, not list.
2. This is no longer a new install. I've been using it for a month or so.
16 is still the max showing.

:
: "pkferret" wrote:
:
: 1. In Excel 98 I could keep things in icon view and they would remain
: alphabetical in recent documents. Now I can't seem to lock this view in.
: Anyone know how?
: 2. Also in the same menu, it used to show 40 or more items, now it only
: shows 16, can this be changed?

Jason Dove

This is what I did to get it to show up.

1. Open Windows Explorer. (Right Click on your Start Button and Choose
Explore)
2. Go to YOUR recent Folder (C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME\Recent)
3. All your Recent files should be listed. See if there are only 16 or if
there are more.
4. Go to View - Choose Large or Small Icons.
5. Go to Tools - Folder Options and Select the View Tab. Click the "Like
Current Folder" in Folder Views. Accept the default change.
6. Close Windows Explorer.

7. Open Excel.
8. Go to Tools - Options. Select the General Tab. Change your
Default File Location: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME\Recent
9. Click OK.
10. Close Excel.

11. You may need to reloggin in or reboot.
12. Open Excel and see if it works.

:
: