Remeez

Default Charting a skewed bell curve

I need to plot a bell curve in excel based on skewed data. I know how to plot
a bell curve based on data with a normal distribution . I can figure out how
to chart skewed data though. If I use the same procedure the skewed effect is
not taken into account and the graph shops negative figures which is
impossible based on the data.

Please advise
Remeez

Ammendment:

I need to plot a bell curve in excel based on skewed data. I know how to plot
a bell curve based on data with a normal distribution . I can't figure out how

"Remeez" wrote:

I need to plot a bell curve in excel based on skewed data. I know how to plot
a bell curve based on data with a normal distribution . I can figure out how
to chart skewed data though. If I use the same procedure the skewed effect is
not taken into account and the graph shops negative figures which is
impossible based on the data.

Please advise

Jerry W. Lewis

Your description implies that you want some distribution other than the
normal distribution (which is not skewed and which is not bounded on the
low side). In the absence of any other information about what
distribution you are looking for, you might try the gamma distribution.
=GAMMADIST(x,a,b,FALSE)
would give you the pdf of the gamma distribution. You can use solver to
find a and b that minimize
=-SUM(LN(GAMMADIST(allYourData,a,b,FALSE)))

Jerry

Ammendment: