wal50

Default How to force continuous lines in line charts

The N/A resolved my problem too. But Plot Empty Cells As Interpolated was
not an enabled choice to me. Any idea why?

wal50

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Phillip -

If the valueless cells are truly blank, select the chart, then select
Options on the Tools menu, click on the Chart tab, and choose Plot Empty
Cells As Interpolated.

If these cells look blank because a formula returned "", then change ""
to NA() in the formula, which fills the cells with #N/A. As Jerry
pointed out, #N/A allows the connecting line to pass across a gap.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Phillip Earthlink net

I have a line chart of a spreadsheet with one column of dates and
three of data. The date column is sequential, not contiguous (i.e.,
dates are skipped), but solid (i.e., no gaps in the column). The
last column is very sparse, with only a few scattered rows, most
containing no data in the other columns, so the other columns are
mostly occupied but with a few scattered gaps.

The x-axis is by date (not category), and the three data columns are
represented by three line chart series.

What I am getting is that the line for the last column shows only the
markers without connecting lines, and the other chart lines are
interrupted by gaps corresponding to the gaps in the data columns.

How can I force the lines for each series to be drawn continously
from the first to last entry regardless of any gaps in the columns?