Excel default grid colors

Default How do I set my color default for gridlines & text?

I want my grid default color to be the same everything I open excel. I
changed my grid colors under tools/options/view to blue click o.k. - it
changes color while I'm in that spreadsheet - I change spreadsheets or go out
of excel and my color goes back to automatic. Is it possible to have a color
default for lines & text?

Gord Dibben

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. FileSave As Type: scroll down
to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes).
Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNewWorkbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings. Changes will have to
done manually to these.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP