Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default link updating on workbook open

Hi,

I have several files on a network server that contain links to a
master file, also on the network server. I've set the Startup Prompt
value for the link to "Don't display the alert and update links" with
an automatic update, intending for the files to be automatically
updated when opened. This works as intended when I open the files
from PC #1. However, when I open the files from PC #2, I get the
message:

"This workbook contains links to other data sources",

along with an option to "Update" or "Don't Update".

Both PCs have network access.

The version info for pc#1 is "Microsoft Excel (11.8237.8221) SP3".
The version infor for pc#2 is "Microsoft Office Excel 2003
(11.8231.8221) SP3".

I don't know that the versions have anything to do with the behavior
I'm seeing...

Can anyone tell me why this message is being displayed on PC2 but not
PC1 and what I can do to prevent the message on PC2?

BC