Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Unnecessary error message on opening file with links

Hello, apologies if this has been asked before, but I have multiple files
with links to other files. Every time I open the file I get an error message
ssaying " The workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated"
with options to continue or edit links, when I go to edit links all of the
connections give a status of 'OK'. This happens regardless of having some of
the linked files open or not.

This is more an annoyance than a problem but I am slightly concerned that
there is a fundamental error somewhere. Any thoughts on whether there is some
way to stop the error would be appreciated.

Regards
Dan