Junior Member

Default New to Linking

Another employee and myself find that our bosses are giving us more and more work that revolve around the same information that we enter into several forms, such as names, customer number, dates of action, dates needing to be complete by, rep. handling the file, and so on. We have about 6 forms that requried some or all the information from one form to another. Someone told me that using a database such as Microsoft Access with take care of most of this, by just entering the information once and it will place all the information enter into the fields of all the forms we have. If this is true then can someone point me into the right direction on where I can learn the and being working on a project like this? Thanks.
JulieD

Hi

the access newsgroup that you might like to investigate is
microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted
if you post there hopefully you will receive advice on how to approach
learning access - my personal advice would be to get yourself on a 2 or 3
day hand's on intro course to come to terms with the basics of access and
the concepts involved in table design (such as normalization & referential
integrity) as getting the structure and design right in Access is the key to
being able to successfully utilise it.
--
Cheers
JulieD