Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default lost Hypertext links defined in cells of an excel spreadsheet

I've defined hypertext links defined in cells of an excel spreadsheet, that
are pointing on documents stored in different
folders. They work fine for a while...
Under some circomstances on my PC and each time I send the spreadsheet and
the folders the targets document are stored in,
the hypertext links don't work anymore, with either on or the other
following messages :
"The address of this site is not valid. Check the address and try again" or
"cannot open the specified file"

Is there a way to define those hypertext links without encoutering this
limitation ?
Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hyperlink addresses can be saved as relative to some path (the path of
the workbook by default, or the workbook's "hyperlink base") or as
absolute addresses.

If you move the workbook then the relative hyperlinks no longer work.

For that reason I suggest setting a hyperlink base which does not
exist. This will force all hyperlink addresses to be absolute.

In Excel 2003 and earlier
File Properties Summary Hyperlink Base

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England